Here's my :two cents:

I just finished a rotisserie resto on my GTS. The car was done with driveability in mind. I would like to think of doing something like this in stages. If major overhaul is what you have in mind start with dropping the k member assembly which includes the engine and suspension. Of course you'll need some front end stands with rollers

Next remove the engine and transmission. Now dis assemble the front suspension. Start cleaning. The k member will be the biggest challenge in getting cleaned. Hopefully you have a machine shop locally that has an old fashioned hot tank. Now order your suspension parts.

At this point start on the engine compartment. Remove from the engine compartment as much as you feel comfortable with. At this point scrub every thing down and pressure wash. Once it's dry tape off everything you didn't remove. At this point you can go ahead and scuff up the paint or just get someone to do touch up with an airbrush

When you get all the suspension parts set them aside and start cleaning upper A arms, lower A arms, torsion bars etc. once that's accomplish decide how detailed you want the suspension to be. You would be supprised at what you can do with a spray can of paint. This would be a good time to freshen the brakes

If the engine is good with no need for disassembly, same for the tranny now is the time to strip it and detail. Again lots of cleaning. Get yourself several cans of engine paint, I would assume Hemi orange and spray away. The tranny just needs some cleaning and a fresh coat of aluminum silver or a real light coat of gray. Owners preference. Once all this completed put every thing together on the k member and reinstall the the entire assembly.

The next step would be all the areas under the car to include addressing the brake lines, parking brake cables etc. is the car under coated? If so, again remove as much as you can, try and get the car up as high as you can and pressure wash. Once dry, tape everything off and reapply fresh under ciating by either a bomb can or purchase a under coating,/bed liner product such as Rhino liner.

Once all that's done re assemble and move to the rear of the car.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln