I've considered doing just that DaveRS23, however, I learned while in auto shop, my friend tried doing a "customization" like that to his vehicle and when there was a problem, he alone knew what parts he used but the place he brought his car too did not. I'd rather stick to the stock parts as this way if it is something that I can not fix, at least who or wherever I bring it to won't have to worry about this part came from such and such a car. The only way I want to upgrade something is with parts that were still available to this car during its production. If I do decide to upgrade to disc brakes, I'll probably locate the optional disc brake set up for it. There is a guy in NJ a couple towns over from me who had a complete set for sale a while ago. Right now I just want to focus on getting it safe and on the road again.

Thank you for mentioning DOT 5 fluid. I did consider that too, however, the performance parts store by me only sells it by the gallon. All that I have seen at local general auto parts stores is DOT 3 and 4. I have not seen any place yet that sells pints or quarts of DOT 5. Should I get a leak while I am out at a show, I wouldn't be able to either fix it there or on the road someplace. I might be able to get the part that failed but trying replace the DOT 5 is next to impossible.

inherited a 69 roadrunner from my grand pop.