I appreciate all of your input but I saw the horror that my buddy went through with his Jeep. I know and understand what everyone is saying and like I said, I do appreciate it. I guess it is one of those things that I will have to think about but I'd rather not have to "guess" what parts may or may not work or have to have a bunch of paper work with me when I go to the auto parts store (or even keep with the car) if I break down on the road some place. Like I said, I am ok with finding and putting the factory disc brake set up if I can get one. This way everything is still the same in the service manual that my grand pop got for this vehicle.

A guy not too far from me has a Daytona (man I wish I had that car!!!!!) and he took me for a ride in it once (I think I'm still high from the rush and that was over a year ago) and his Daytona had factory disc brakes. It did stop pretty well so maybe I will just look for getting parts for that set up then. I saw that they reproduce the booster for it and I think the master cylinders are easy to come by as they are on RockAuto. The hard part will be trying to find the other parts for the front end.

As for now, I think the best approach is to go over the car and start with replacing all the fluids, doing a tune up, and inspecting the brakes. This way I can at least get the car mobile and start working on one big section at a time. The engine does seem pretty strong still and I'm not certain if I will pull the engine out of the compartment or not. I will most likely just pull the stuff I can off the engine and repaint it in the engine compartment. I know it will mean a lot of masking things off but with the space I have in the garage, it might be what has to work for now.

Oh, what is everyones choice for oil now? I was considering using the Castrol Edge titanium stuff in 10W-30. Is that good to use or is there a better one that everyone else is using? I was also going to use a Purolator P30001 filter. Is that ok to use also? I heard the horror stories about Fram so I'll be sure to stay away from that brand.

Sorry this was so long.... I'm new at this and have a bunch of questions.

inherited a 69 roadrunner from my grand pop.