Originally Posted By justinp61
I have no problem with Mad's views or opinions, some of his points having validity. IMO more/better TV coverage is one of the many things the sport needs. Something needs to be done to generate non racer interest and I think SO has to a degree has done that. Look at the videos of grudge racing, the stands are packed, so are races like Holly springs big radial races. Maybe the NHRA needs to replace the .90 classes with the radial/small tire classes at national events? Personally I think it would put more butts in the seats and more TV viewers. I fully understand you can't do grudge/no prep races at a national event but local tracks could do it one night a month and make money.

These are the opinions of a lowly part/some time bracket racer, your mileage may vary.

What you may gain in spectators you will lose in participants. No participants=no sponsors. Look at the entry numbers already for Indy. Do you think they could pull heads up cars like that, that will also pass the NHRA National event tech? Also will you expect those cars to run 1/4 or 1/8th mile?

Last edited by Jacob Pitt; 08/04/15 04:46 PM.

2013 NHRA D4 Stock Champ
#4 in the World IHRA Stock
2x IHRA Div.4 Stock Champ
14x Track Champ
All using a Ultimate Converter Concepts converter. Call Lenny today 704-892-6837