As a "group" sure they can. Be hard pressed to find another group of cars that fast, that close together........Now overall fastest........that's a tough claim, as I have found there is generally ALWAYS somebody, somewhere that is faster on a given day. Just like the John Doe car has beaten Kye, but was beaten by a car that Chief has beaten and then Kye is running away from Chief. EVERYBODY gets beat at sometime or another.

As far as Chief and Kye........Dave beat Kye before in the truck and Chief beat the truck before. The first Kye race was really close, the second Chief knocked the tires off and this last one, to me the car just looked slow. Kye on the other hand has made 3 VERY clean hits against Chief.

What the show HAS done, is pushed OTHER racers to get faster and come out to try and shut them up. Notice the cars they are bringing out now to try them with, are MUCH more serious rides. The Shocker, John Doe, Petey and the AV Boys cars are all VERY light, while all the 405 cars remain very heavy relatively. They are going to have to drop some weight to stay on top, as other guys with light stuff keep showing up.

Dave's new Chevy II should be light, but the rest are pretty darn heavy............because they all DID originally start out as street cars, but now they are having to race against purpose built race cars.

I saw Chief's car up close and personal when it was in Travis Quillens shop getting swapped over to alky. The thing is a tank and far from a gutted car. Still has all the stock dash, cowl, firewall, front end and suspension, roof supports and all that type stuff. Lots of uneeded weight. Kye Kellys car on the other hand is a tin can on a full tube, strut chassis, with a big motor. Supposedly the John Doe car is an ex Pro-Stocker, which means it's a panel car........LIGHT