Originally Posted By MoparBilly
You are the one who lacks comprehension, or more clearly, perspective. My protégé just won SST today at the National Event in Sonoma. His family and friends who went to the Divisional the week before, vacationed in San Fran, then hung out at the Nats numbered around fifteen. Add that up, along with every car that entered both the divisional and the Nats, and figure up the economic impact those racers had on that week of racing versus a few hardcore fans that are put off by throttle stops. Money talks, crybabies walk.

NHRA can send down a set of Super class cars every minute, that means 100-120 cars in an hour...that's not much track time for the money they put in the coffers, and all the "Real Fans" are supposed to be at the concession stand, and Nitro Mall at that time anyway.

National events are the carrot that drives participation on the divisional level, but I don't expect you to see the big picture, since you can't even get out of your seat at the 60ft clocks, walk 940 feet down the bleachers, and see where the real racing takes place...

If super class racing is soooooooo good, why do a televised National event with that as the only show? Because exactly 89 idiots would watch it. Which is barely less that who is watching National event broadcasts now.

Your myopic, narrow mind will never comprehend that a VAST MAJORITY of spectators (and TV viewers) could give a tinkers damn about throttle stop racing.

Sorry about your butt hurt but time to come to the real world. If losing hood scoops and EFI are the future, then surely the throttle stop classes should be DUMPED from NATIONAL EVENTS. If you need "filler" (which is all that crap is, and it's piss poor filler to boot), use Top Sportsman or some form of heads up or non-throttle stop drag racing.

In reality, drag racing died with the throttle stop. I could say more about that, but the butt hurt would only grow.

The funny thing is I said get rid of PSM too and no one is crying over that?

BTW, how do you know where or how I watch racing? You assumptions make your ignorance the more profound, all because I don't agree with you.

Get real.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston