I'm
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By Cudajon
This is friggin great. More discussion here about street outlaws than the last 5 NHRA events. What does NHRA need?

I know what it doesn't need...a bunch of stuffed shirt block heads who are only at NHRA to scam money from a "non profit" organization. Their only tie to drag racing is MONEY and how to get it from racers, sponsors, fans and advertisers. The cuurent NHRA leadership CAN'T fix drag racing becasue they don't drag race. They can't move with change. NHRA leadership is worthless, petty, conniving, thoughtless and narrow minded.

So, since you asked...what would I do (I have a 9th grade education, my vocabulary rarely has over 4 letter wordsand I don't play well with others. Here is what I would do:

1. Look at EVERY eliminator, not every class. EVERY eliminator. Starting with TF on down (remembering this is with a National event TV package in mind). You can't fix a fuel class trying to slow them down. All they do is blow [censored] up. So get rid on the 3.20:1 gears rule. Let them use 2.90's or taller. RPM's kills [censored]. The NHRA adapted that gear rule 2 deacades ago and it was stupid then. It's retared now. Next, lose the rev limiters. They are parts breakers. Get rid of the killer (literally) two strut wings and mandate a single wing. If you stop the reason for most parts breakage (RPM and RPM limiters) you fix 90% of the crap.

2. Pro Stock. It's very simple. OEM bodies. Period. What your OEM gives you, DEAL WITH IT. They should look like showroom cars (except with a hood scoop...only ricers and fruit cakes think hood scoops are cool...let those dudes go drifting). To go along with the body rules, all engines MUST have the following: OEM deck height, valve angles, cam height, bore spacing and lifter bank angles. Either carbs or EFI. Let the best man win. Pro Stock would be the class to watch. And simple to police (tech).

3. Pro Stock Motorcycle. Scrap the whole damn eliminator. Done. And done.

4. Competition eliminator. See Pro Stock motorcyle. Comp was a piece of crap in 1980. Go back to Modified eliminator, where injectors and cool [censored] was the norm. Modified can and would translate right into PS. Comp sucks BUT money killed Modified Eliminator back in the day. Even NHRA has it's wine and cheese crowd. When they leave, NHRA would be better.

5. TAFC and TAD. Bring in injected Nitro to TAFC. Since I haven't paid attention to either alky class since about 2004 I'm open to advice, but I would damn sure bring injected Nitro into TAFC.

6. Super classes. Now we get to the most retarded form of drag racing I can think of. Absolutely S-T-U-P-I-D. Bring a beginner in who THINKS NHRA is about going fast and show the a throttle stop class and they are ready to leave. If they wanted restrictor type racing they could go to ASSCAR. Buh-bye. I would immediatedly stop all super class racing at nationals. TODAY. I don't give a tinkers crap about how good these dudes can drive, how great their "packages" are. Who cares? Unless you have an assload of money (think Morgan Lucas) no one from a super class goes on to other classes. There are exceptions but DAMMIT, you can't bore the track crowd (never mind a TV audience) with super class racing. Stop this nonsense NOW. Most people think the stands empty because PS is up, but really, it's a mad dash to the pits because it's more fun to watch dudes busting their humps working on a car than it is to watch super class racing. So they miss out on what little Comp and Stock and Super Stock have to offer. KILL SUPER CLASS RACING AT NATIONAL EVENTS NOW.

6. Stock/Super Stock. These two eliminators should be fan favorites but they are not for several reasons. 1. They are run like a brakcet race. 2. IDIOTIC qualifying and elimination rules. Run these cars handicapped off the current class NATIONAL record, not off an index. While I'm at it, the newly reformed Modified Eliminator would run off of a national record too. Somehow, you would have to eliminate some of the classes. I think there are well over 80 classes each for Stock/Super Stock. Cut it way back and run them off the national record.

7. Top Sportsman. I would let the be a 100% no throttle stop bracket race. . 2 Eliminators, one for pipe racks the other for door cars. Big wight breaks for cars with clutches (automatics are boring to watch) and run the pipe rack against the door car for all the money.

I have more ideas but you get the point. NHRA is fixable, but not until a racer is leading the place.

First you have two #6's . Second I don't Super Class race for the fans or autographs. Unless you have done it you really have no idea how much fun it is.😉

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!