Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

" Additionally, like you mention, the magazine articles on upgrades also tend to be worn original suspension with wheel/tire upgrades as part of the package, so it difficult to discern the exact amount of improvement the system provides. No one has taken an optimized stock layout against the aftermarket units either."

GREAT point. I have said this for years. Take a well balanced fresh Mopar suspension and steering setup and compare it against the aftermarket kits. The aftermarket stuff might perform better, it might not. I'm tired of hearing so many guys brag about how their "ditching the factory junk" for the Magnum Force Transgender system or another aftermarket setup. Most of the time, these cars are in need of a full front end rebuild so any change seems like an improvement over the 400,000 mile stuff the car has in it.

Well I think reading that i'll be sure not brag about that. That's really good point, what can say if you never had chance to compare to factory/spec properly maintained!

I can at least says i'm not getting such kit just because but, because i have some understanding of how they work and why. I'm looking for as much improvement as i can get as my wallet wallet will allow and i've done a lot of research.

at the very least i know the new trasngeder kit has more adjust ability than of stock, not say the stock can't be adjusted or made to be adjustable. And also i know what kind of usage/racing i want to do.

All in not to say the factory stuff is junk but, that want i even better, all i get.

Well drunk posting sure helps make your point.

Hahahaha, lol. I was tired on that one. I wonder if being tired can be as bad as being drunk? Don't be tired and drive folks.

Lets see if i can clean that up.
----

Well I think reading that i'll be sure not brag about that. That's a really good point, what can one say if they've never had chance to compare to factory/spec properly maintained!

I can at least says i'm not getting such kit just because. but, rather because i have some understanding of how they work and why. I'm looking for as much improvement as i can get as my wallet will allow and i've done a lot of reading over the past several years.

At the very least i know the new trasngeder kit has more adjust ability than that of stock, not to say the stock can't be adjusted or made to be adjustable. And also i know what kind of usage/racing i want to do.

All in not to say the factory stuff is junk but, that want i even better, all that i can get.

Quote:

I don't care what system you use, it all comes down to your ability and patience to get things sorted out. Unless you have lots of experience with a particular part, very rarely do you bolt it on and get it right the first time.

AMEN BROTHER!!! I've learned so much performance modification. with engines a lot can attributed to removing and adding metal in the right places. The devil is the details.

Last edited by cdoublejj; 03/12/15 12:10 AM.