When I saw that it lies down sometinmes at the top of 2nd and doesn't run good in high gear usually I thought of fuel starvation All kidding aside, if you can not jet the carb. up enough to slow the MPH down in the 1/4 mile you don't have enough fuel DELIVERY. I've seen more than one car have fuel pressure(5+ lbs )at the finsh line and those guys couldn't jet the carb up enough to slow the car down, one case was to small of needles and seats, another was the fuel line size between the fuel reguator and the carb. There are many gremlins out there, it is up to us to figure out what is wrong and fix it My wide ban helped me a bunch After jetting the six pak carbs up and not seeing one smidgen of differences on the wide ban I found my problem, it was the fuel filter element(BG 500 filter 10 micron paper element ) in the fuel filter between the tank and the pump Another time on a new Holley 9375-3 HP carb. that had a .110 needles and seat in the front and a .100 in the back I replaced them both with .120 and the same car pick up right away Sometimes when things don't make sense there is a reason for that , figuring out the reason is the hard part

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)