Quote:

Just had an MSD do the same thing Friday on the dyno--swapped out the distributor for fresh MSD unit and whamo! All good and pulled like it should-- It can be the module in the dist as well--you would never think it--I thought it should work or not work but found out different Engine would just layover above 5000--put exactly same curve we always use black stop and one light silver one blue spring--and she went to work and ran great--always...I mean always something.
I bet that Hemi is running out of fuel--has an elbow or something in the system or just not getting full voltage to the fuel pump--we always see giant swimming pool filler pumps with NO relays etc check and they are just not getting voltage--not pumping "what the box says" A drag car can run good with no symptom other than slow and low MPH--get fuel straight and it can really make a big diff
China regulators are trouble too--Best for the $$ is Aeromotive stuff--class act quality and good support--regulators are very nice units but remember are o ring fittings not pipe thread when planning your plumbing.

His issue doesn't seem Rpm related( neither was mine) I am sure he wrings it out in first gear before shifting to second, and he didn't have any issues in first at all, only appear in the top of second.
I thought my identical problem was fuel related/ vapor lock, etc,etc.
Mine would run 9.90's on a normal pass, then about every second or third pass, it would run 10.50's, laying over at the top of second and all of third. The problem finally went to every pass it doing that.
Swapped out the MSD box and that cured the problem. Had zero to do with fuel at all. That was why it took me so long to find the problem, I could have swore it was fuel delivery related

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8