Quote:

But I do agree that the A-body market is huge.

You would think, but our sales say otherwise. We sell over 5 times as much B&E as we do A body. The bosses are really hard to convince that we should do more for the A's when they look at the numbers. I have to have ammo to take to the bosses so that it makes sense. If we spend $10,000 to develop and market and item and then only sell 100 units, there is a good chance we won't make a profit. The Dakota market is a great example of how that went.
As a reminder, we are not a Mopar specific company like RMS, Firm Feel, or the other guys. I have to convince the bosses that we should divert R&D time and money from the GM, Mustang, BMW, Mercedes, etc lines for something we as a Mopar community want(me included) but if the sales won't back it up, it won't get off paper.
We want to increase our market and offer new products to the community, but if I suggest it, and you guys don't buy it, the Monday morning meeting doesn't go so well for me.

My biggest goal lately is to cover as much of the market as I can with shared parts and make sure our applications are well covered. I also am doing my best to not smother out what limited market we have. I've had long talks with the guys at Firm Feel and Bergman Autocraft as to what we will and won't do so that those guys don't get pinched. I really want to do chassis stiffening next and we've got a couple bits in prototype for the B's and E's, because those markets sell well. That said, I'm doing my best to not overlap the US Car Tool guys because I think they put out a good product as well and it doesn't make sense for us to make the same thing. The pie is only so big, and if we want a piece, everyone's share just gets a bit smaller.

After saying all that, I like the ideas and my notepad is filling up for tomorrow mornings meeting, so keep the ideas coming!