Quote:

99% of the Mopar guys I know are working stiffs who manage to scratch out a few bucks from the monthly budget to put towards purchasing stuff for their one and only hobby - their A body. Unlike the gold chain and Gucci loafer sporting crowd who's wallet is so thick they have to have an assectomy to sit level who frequent the E body, Chevy and Ford camps. Sorry we are so "cheap". We gravitate to the A body platform because the price for Bs & Es are mostly out of reach thanks to popularity of the "car collector" circus so prevalent now days. The sad fact is that Mopars are the smallest contingent of the "Big 3", by far, so EVERY part is more expensive to purchase making the car far more expensive to build than other makes. I wont spend the limited cash I have on the latest bling part, no matter who makes it, unless it will have a significant impact on the car over a stock item.

What would I squeeze blood out of a rock for? Bearing type sway bar end links although I built my own. Affordable rear rims for my narrowed axle so I can fit modern rubber under the car since tire manufacturers wont make performance 15" rubber. Splined front/rear sway bar kits. The C body spindle ideas kicked around so far have real appeal to me since a front brake upgrade is high on my list of future wants.

I understand the perception , but I think you would be shocked if you knew what I made annually . I know quite a few E-Body owners who are just like us/working stiffs. Besides I say an A-Body should be able to out perform an E-Body anyhow simply due to weight. Sure I agree there are the uber rich people with big/no budgets. They will always be there. Same in circle track racing. The trick is to weed out the hype and BUILD your own stuff. I'd like to see manufactures offer/engineer kits so you could do it your self and save money and they could be safe from liabilities. The Chrysler kit car project was designed for either do it your selfers , or the big budget teams and could be bought in various forms.
The splined sway bar deal is easy and fairly cheap. Lots of used Nascar/circle track take off's to pick from. This is my next suspension project. I bought a couple K-frames to use just for this.
Your right in that there simply are not enough of us ( YET!)interested in making Mopar's handle, but I do see it's growing. Between all the Mopar online forums there is like what....20-30 people into making there cars handle? Non Mopar people have the perception that Mopars are only good in a straight line and it's places like Hotchkiss and their E-Max that are working/helping to change this .
There are lots of people on forums that look but never register or post. On another forum where I posted my C-Body spindle project, there is almost 30,000 views. I've had people from all over the world ask if I would put together a kit. I'm not that interested in doing so, not my area of expertise but someone like Hotchkiss could! Hard part is finding the spindles. I'd love to see them do so!
Things are changing in the handling Mopar world,but slowly.

Last edited by brads70; 09/20/14 05:47 PM.