Quote:

Im very familiar with EMI, thats part of being a real auto technician.

So the best you can come up with is that these are robust and are resilliant to the voltage??

Yup! what do you want, SEM photos of the die? I dont have it. you have to trust me on this

Quote:

Phone that alternator rebuilder I mentioned earlier, and let him tell you how robust they are! A simple sulphated battery can cause the the rectifier to fail. Rectifiers fail because of heat, so alot depends on the heat dissipation capabilities of the alternator, where its mounted in the car, the load placed on it etc....

Yes, sulphanted battery causes the alt to put out higher voltage and current and the diode overheats and dies. Thats what I said kills diodes- HEAT

Quote:

very good, but is it still advisable to disconnect the battery with the engine running???

on a 70's car with 70's electronics (which is what I have been saying all along), it can be done. yes

Quote:

what about your aftermarket stereo, your electronic autometer tach, or your replacement mechanical voltage regulator with the electronic internals?? anyone have an MSD? or some type of spark amplifier?

Change the situation and I'll change the answer. These are modern electronics. more susceptible but I doubt they would be harmed because I dont believe you'll see an increase in current or voltage by disconnecting the battery

Quote:

just how robust are the Chryco electronic regulators?? or ignition boxes?? Maybe you can test one???? And issue us safe limits with a mil spec on them??

Want specs? I'll get them. theyre at my house

Quote:

how many of peoples cars have no up to date electronics in them??? Or an alternator??!!! and what makes you so sure the old chryco ones can take it??? and if so, why would you subject them to that abuse???

Youre saying you get 400v when I disconnect the alternator. I say your nuts. You say I'll blow all my circuits. I say Ive done it many time before and Ive never had that happen.

Quote:

get a voltmeter for $9.99!!

My voltmeters (I have several)cost several hundred dollars. I dont use cheap tools

Quote:

is it still ok to disconnect it???

yes

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.