Quote:

it says right in the article that I posted that it was an accepted method back in the 70's. is that what you wanted to see?

if so, here it is again for you:

"In the 1970s, removing a battery terminal was an accepted practice to test charging systems of that era. That is not the case today. "

and why isn't it the case today?? well becuase today we have "sensitive electronic components, for example, emission computer, audio system, cell phone, alarm system, etc., or even the charging system itself."

You see, back in the day, the "pulsating DC produced by the charging system" was not bad enough to damage the heavy duty electronics they used back then.

if you want to think it does, I will let you believe that. I don't.

Actually, I think you're enjoy trying to rile someone up. I'm not riled though. we were trying to edumacate but I see you can't be swayed. You have actually made me smile quite a bit with your argument. I dont buy it one bit. Keep it up. Thats what we live for!!!

riling somebody up is not my goal. Helping them make the correct diagnostic moves is.

Youre the engineer, edumacate me what cars have these indestrucible electronics? what models did they come in? was there a mid year introduction??? is this some secret info that you have??? its not for my consumption???

the arcticle clearly says, it was an accepted METHOD in the 70's, it does not say anything about 70's cars!!!! Its an old school METHOD!!!!

LSD was accepted in the 70's and so was free love. That doesnt make the consequences irrelevant. No immediate damage from either of those too.

well, EDUCATE Me!! when did the miracle electronics come into production and what separates them from the rest of the world??

Give me a date, what separates new cars from old cars??? ANY CAR WITH ELECTRONICS IS SUCCEPTIBLE!

now true, older stuff was usually built out of better materials, but that does not mean they are fail safe!!!!

If anyone needs to be EDUCATED its you fellas. youre way way way off. I suggest postponing your out of date practices til you can be further updated. Do everyone a favor, get the facts, then speak your turn.

and educate me how the arcticle clearly states that damage to the charging system itself is possible. DID ONLY NEW CARS COME WITH ALTERNATORS????? I said already, since 62 ish!! Nobody should disconnect a battery with the car running IF IT HAS AN ALTERNATOR!!!

Hmm whats in a diode???? tell me mr engineer!, are diodes not commonly found on ICs??

how is it you still dont believe me? Do older cars use miracle rectifiers(diodes) that are immune to this ??

Last edited by 5537SG; 05/26/05 05:55 PM.