Quote:

No, actually correct facts are what is accepted and so far you have spouted all kinds of FACTS but you still haven't proven your point, cause and affect. There is a very large difference between the new ICs and the original electronics. The early stuff was a lot sturdier and less affected by surges or spikes, or that ever you want to call it,than the stuff they use today mainly because it was simple. If it wasn't for dinosaur methods of testing your parents would have been walking every where they went because us dinosaurs did quite well with or testing methods long before you learned your way and long after. I can completely dismantle my car into it's smallest parts and rebuild it without opening a book or resorting to overpriced diagnostics machines can you?

You can do it all without a book huh?? Well so can I, but that dont make it the right way. I bet you can torque your heads without a wrench. Sure you might get them close, but are they right??? It will probably work ok in most cases, but how many will it not?? Do it right! I suppose you can remember all the float levels for every carb you worked on, but as long as its close it should be ok huh?? float level actually affects mixture, but, hey, youre close, good enough! No need to look up that spec. It might only run richer and tend to wash down the cylinder walls a tad, or just dilute the oil some, its ok, its close!

these dinosaur tactics are just what they are. Dinosaur, and we know what happened to them.

The better technician uses a book, cause he realizes he doesnt know everything, and is capable of researching the correct answer!