My car is at my parents house, when it runs (not often) the neighbors don't seem to care. A few houses down on both side are gear heads, race cars and have newer hot rods as well. Their direct neighbors are good. One is a retired cop and has known me my whole life so he tolerates it. I also assist them with anything they need, from fixing the garbage disposal to disposing of dead rats. The other one, i rebuilt her deck railing for the cost of the wood, she is rarely home. I try to keep it turned off late at night.
The people up and down the street know the car very well, vie been yelled at by that "one guy" every body has him in the 'hood.

Always yelling to slow down even when your doing 15 mph. Its on a dead end street, he is about 20 houses from the end. One of the last times i drove it by him he ran into his house, when i cruised back past he had a hand held air horn and blew it at me. I couldn't stop my self from laughing He also gave me the bird.... I guess he has nothing better to do with his time. The car is tagged, insured, and has a form of muffler on it.

Im working on being a cop, so hopefully that will get me some slack too! LOL.