My wife and I married in 93 and just purchased a house in a neighborhood full of 1/2 acre lots and a large town home community behind us. I had just built a full roller 378 and drove it everywhere with full 3" exhaust. Once or twice I fired it with open headers but could not stand the noise myself. My 100X30ft driveway was my launchpad.

I was once accused of driving down the road at 10P every night. Not true I was usually in bed by then or close. One Friday I was off from work and was doing hole shots in the driveway, 100ft long drive. Did not know the police had been called. I had water down in one lane to heat and dry in the other. Things were going good. I got a bottle ready and turned the NOS on. About the time I finished the burnout and had staged in the dry lane. Lil sherrif was parked in the road in front of my driveway. I decided to let go of the T-brake anyway. Their eyes became very big. But, they simply drove on knowing I was not going to listen to any BS.

Some new neighbors moved in. I was doing holeshots again. My freind who was helping me tune the car on the brake noticed the new kid next door jumping on his trampolin trying to get a peak over the fence.

We have sense moved to a 13 acre lot with a lot of driveway. Problem is it is still gravel. So I pull the truck and trailer out of the garage and do 80 ft launches through the garage.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.