For years I did repairs, welding, fixed flats, loaned tools,etc., for the neighbors.

Hell, I even held the annual block party; my prep time and a lot of it at my expense. I actually enjoyed doing all these things and felt good about what I was doing.

I only ran the car when I had to, followed the by-laws. I actually started the car, minimal warm up and coasted out of the neighborhood. On the way home I often coasted into the neighborhood as quiet as possible.

It only took one person to threaten me, insult me, and call the by-law enforcement. He was 89 years old, red in the face, screaming at me. He also tried to turn the neighbours on me. I lost all happiness in what I was doing.

I won the by-law, and most neighbors said they believe that anyone should be able to do what they want on their property within reason; but I should not be taking advantage of them.

The block party no longer happens, I don't fix their cars or help with home repairs, and no longer have that tool they want to borrow.

I still help 3 sets of retirees in there late 80's-early '90's. Small home repairs, take them to doctors, cancer treatments etc.

Sold the truck, the motorhome, car hauler, FED, project car, and my test mule.

Down to one ride. When it comes back to life, no one is going to stop me from driving it whenever I want, day or night.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!