I am lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it, I keep my race cars at my race shop at work.
I run a top alcohol dragster and rebuild the engine and clutch after every run.
I used to have a bar across the street from my shop.
I have only started my car twice here in 10 years of racing it. Can't start it inside the shop, it would blow everything off the walls. It must be outside.
One time the bar across the street emptied out to hear the car run. Another time my 8 year old dog freaked out because he has never heard it run, in 8 years of hanging out in the shop.
I rebuilt the motor scores of times and never started it until we get to the track. It's alot of work to start the car and takes 3 guys to do it. I drain the fuel after each day and pull the push rods.
I have 3 motors and can change them quick if something was wrong when I got to the track, there never was anything wrong with them.

I would never do burnouts or launches on my private property unless I had acres to play with a safe runoff area in case the brakes failed.

I find it real stupid for people to do that in there driveway if you have neighbors anywhere close.

I lived in my home also for 27 years, I earned the respect from them(neighbors) by not being stupid and helping them out. I would trust them with the keys to my house and garage.