Quote:

Getting there..

Is that replacement piece of cross-member considerably thicker than it looks? The original piece of cross-member is quite beefy, about 1-1/2" deep which gives it considerable stiffness. The replacement is just a piece of what appears to be fairly thin metal and in at least one place you have trimmed away the vertical edge (which is short, so already not adding much stiffness to the beam)) for clearance. Hard to tell if you are still running torsion bars or not, which will make a difference. Those torsion bars are trying to twist and the only thing resisting that is the cross-member and if that cross piece is not up to snuff you could get some movement in that cross-member. I am not a chassis designer but I am a naval architect and in multihulls twisting and deflection is something I have to think about and it looks like there could be a problem there.

Looks good overall, just something I noticed.

Oh, with the 2.66 low gear I would keep the 4.10 rear gears, it will be much easier on your clutch. Especially starting on hills you will not have to use as high RPM's etc. Plus you already own the 4.10s.

Best, Dave

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite