I was in the right place at the right time for mine and snagged it for the low price of 300 or 350 (can't remember specifics). I doubt I will ever have super sticky tires on it, well, not super sticky drag tires, but I figure it will handle the power I'll be putting through it. I know that if the countershaft is shimmed up to have zero to .002" preload that it's supposed to increase the power capability by a good margin. I don't want to scatter this one, but if I ever do I'll simply have to save my pennies and put a Tranzilla in it. Supposed to be capable of handling 1200 ft lbs, so I don't think I could ever break it unless I threw metal shavings in it and no oil.
I can't honestly say at this time what my plan for the car is. I won't steer away from having it handle and stop well, but the power plant is always something I change. I'll keep it small block because of weight issues, but other than that, stroker 360? R3 block with W9 heads? R5/P7 combo? Those are starting to drop in cost and there seems to be tons of parts out there if you can find enough of them that'll match once you gather enough of them up. Something about the new Hemi that just rubs me wrong, so that's not really an option. The viper v10 sounds like a milk truck on steroids, so that's out as well. Maybe I'm too picky...
Come on money tree, GROW!!!!