Quote:

Right on! Engine set back would nice in mine to. Is that a Camaro trans? That shifter will be right next to your hip pocket lol!

Actually you can get a shifter that uses the mid-mount location vs the rear location. See that square plate with 4 bolts on top, above the forward "skip shift" solenoid? remove that plate and you have a place to mount a shifter mechanism.

Buddy of mine has a viper spec T56 in his Dakota, and it uses that forward mounted shifter location. His was a "hack job" where they made the rear shfiter work on the mid point, but I'm pretty sure you can buy a shifter mechanism that does not require any grinding or "ovaling" of holes.

by the way...I really want one of these in my Dakota too, but can't afford the gearbox or quicktime bell to get one into a Dakota. unfortunately with the EFI of a Dakota, I'd also have to shell out big money for a custom flywheel, because nobody makes a 130 tooth flywheel with the windows for the crank position sensor, to fit into the quicktime bell, and nobody makes a small block mopar to T-56 bell housing that accepts a stock Dakota 143 tooth flywheel with the windows for the CPS.

so to do the swap in my truck, I'm looking at nearly $1500 before I even get the gearbox!

OH, and with that .5 OD in 6th gear...go big or go home! 4.56s!!! and still cruise the highway at 70+ mph, at under 2500 rpm!

**Photobucket sucks**