Quote:

Someone above mentioned calling the shop that did it and asking them about the work.

It has been my experience that, even if you call the shop out and accuse them of shoddy work, and ask them to explain themselves, they do not care.

MANY shops have a "get it out the door" mentality, and will cut corners to get the stuff out of the shop.

My only advice is that if you find a reputable shop that does great work, do you damndest to see that they get not only your business, but the business of your buddies!

Nick,
School of Automotive Machinists

The problem I found is the guy running the shop has 20 years experience and can do it right, but has $7.00hr. interns or worse family members in the back doing all the work. I had an engine built for my truck and had to start completely over since the first shop didn't get one part right. I should have known the first guy was going to be trouble when the sign on the door said 'cash payment only'. That way you won't be able to cancel the check or credit card payment once you realize you have been hosed.

I go to the mopar day at the track and have seen a bunch of factory big block cars struggle to get into the 14's. I even saw a 440 4-speed superbird barely get into the 15's. Some guys probably don't want to risk their engines so they don't drive it hard. Some may be just plain slow because they are put together wrong.