thanks for the chart Jim

the changes can be seen more easily in that format.

i can tell you one thing.......if i would have had the time, and a stock-ish 440 core lying around.....i would have loved to do a back to back dyno test with these heads.

you dont often get a chance to test something that bad, in so many ways.
poor seat and valve work, along with dismal flow.....its a recipe for disappointment.

heres another way to get ultra-low performance from your BB Mopar.
several of the OE replacement piston suppliers have pistons that yield very low compression ratios.
a friend of mine is getting ready to put together a mild street 440 for his 66 Coronet, and someone gave him a set of cast replacement pistons for a stock type rebuild.
the C/H is like 1.940.
so, if you used an uncut block, these pistons, and combined them with a set of heads like what i have here....you'd get the double whammy in low performance.
at a nominal 91cc's, and those pistons being .137" down the hole.....you'd have a motor with 7.74:1cr......no flow from the heads.....and combustion pressure leaking by all the valves.
how promising does that sound for your restoration type vintage muscle car?

its not at all uncommon for a non-performance oriented machine shop to use pistons like this for a rebuild, because they often just dont check to see how a particular combination of parts will work together, and how much they differ from the OE parts they are replacing.
its listed in the catalog for the application.....so they just use it.

with even the most mundane of rebuilds....a little research and thought can go a long way in avoiding the "16 second blues"

oh, and i told my friend he wont be using those pistons....even if they are free.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads