When I got my car it had a 340 in it built by local machine shop, it had been run but never driven until I got the car on the road. Motor sounded stout until I put exhaust on it, tons of piston slap. It ran OK ended up going a 13.91 with stock converter 727 and 3.23 gears. The oil pressure really went downhill fast in the 1000-2000 miles I put on it. It got to where it had 60psi going down the road and 2psi at idle. I was 16 and didn't no any better so i kept on lol.

Well 1000 or so miles go by and the car gets hit hard so I pulled the motor when it went to the shop. My dads racing partner and long time family friend has a machine shop so we took it over there. It was .043 over on 6 cylinders and .044 over on 2. The oil pressure problem was........#3 main bearing in backwards..yup hole on the cap side meant no oil to that main and two rods, how did it last so long? They also RTV'd the cam plate just in case it might leak oil into the oil pan. I also pulled a 3" long RTV booger out of one of the oil passages.

The car got faster every trip to the track, I guess it was getting that much closer to fragging lol.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340