I can think of a certain '69 Roadrunner around this area that the guy installed the .509 cam, four speed, 3.91 gears and slicks and promptly ran mid 15's.

He wasn't happy when he found out my 9.5:1 440 with 3.23's, auto, factory cast iron 4bbl. intake and street tires and weighing in at 3,640 was running 13.5's @104.

Another guy with a '71 Charger didn't bother to measure anything when he assembled his 400 because he thought he was in a competition with me to see who could get their engine assembled faster (I didn't care as I build for quality and had all winter! He had been a little miffed that his 400 couldn't keep up with a 360 headed 318 of mine and had something to prove.)

After bragging about how fast his 400 was going to be for months, summer came around and I repeatedly ask him to take it to the track for a friendly race. He always come up with some excuse from the peg leg 2.76 to it knocking and hammering (running too much compression on cheap pump gas) to the distributor not working properly (rebuilt it for him) to transmission not working right (again, I rebuilt it for him.) I finally gave up when he couldn't even limp his new motor to the car shows anymore.

I never cease to be amazed at the number of guys that won't learn how to degree in a cam or re-curve a distributor yet whine when they run a 16 second quarter about the cam/convertor/gearset being all wrong!