Quote:

Yes, it is pretty close to the wiper motor. I think we did have to pull a couple of plug wires to take the cap off. I didn't mind though, the tuning process is still dramatically faster than with an old school distributor. Just pull the cap and dial up a different advance curve. We tried several different advance curves in Tim's car before we hit on one that really worked.

I wish I would have asked more specifically to the previous post. That made my buying decision.

Is there some reason this distributor is 1" taller than their other billet MSD's?? A good reason would make me feel better.

Of course now I find this post on their site:
http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12848

This was the MSD tech's response...
Quote:

1)on the height issue, unfortunately the distributor is 8 3/8 tall. which if you do a search or look in a catalog it will list all the specs.

and check that isse of the clearance issue with the firewall and throttle first.

It's $377 distributor. That's $170 extra (almost double) over thier non E-curve model that is shorter and has good access for adjustment!!

It wouldn't bother me if this was just one of thier regular pro billet distributors. But THE KEY feature of the E-curve they brag about is quick and easy adjustment. And the fact that at least 1/2 of the potential market is effected by this design issue.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 03/03/11 11:32 PM.