Quote:

I'd think most people would be running TTi headers on a car like this with stock steering. People are usually willing to open up the K frame a bit for more clearance but not change the steering or change headers.

TTI or Thorley. Mostly TTI. How much opening up of the K-member? Modifying the lip a little for clearance or making a square cutout like some do for drag pans. I think the more cutting, the more you limit your buying audiance.

They say the big block road race pans sell well. I don't know of anyone really running big block and road racing/autox it. The market for the big block road race is sort of a mystery to me. I wonder if people buy them just to HAVE an aftermarket pan AND good ground clearance.

Quote:

The big block road race pan is a really nice design but it might be too wide for small block headers. I don't have the car in my shop at the moment so I can't do any measurements right now.

Good point, I worry about that. I wish they had a bare big block bottom that could be quickly mocked up against the assembled with headers deplay motor at TTI. Something quick just to check feasiblity.

Andy, do you think a pan like this could eliminate the need of an accusump? Or it's need at certain levels.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/23/10 01:31 PM.