A Small Block for an A body track car (road race) IS in my future. I just have the original ring-jobbed OE bore 340 in my car. It definitely needs motor attention before But I still beat it mercilessly

I don't have a budget for $3000 cranks. I like the idea of using Chevy circle track parts to keep the costs down and the weight down and have something quick to rev. I don't/won't have a chassis to fully take advantage of 500+ HP, so I don't need the weight and costs of 500+ hp parts.

I like the idea of keeping the revs down to save the valvetrain and avoiding the oiling issues with smallblocks.

I good SB Oil pan is an issue too. When I had an acomplished road racer (12hrs Sebring) drive my car at Willow Springs, the pan just sucked dry or foamed and I had to wait 30 minutes to get the valve ticking to go away. It has just a stock unbaffled oil pan. I haven't sucked the pan dry, but I'm more a novice driver and I'm a little easier on it than he was.

I need reliability to drive 1 hour to the track at 3800 rpm, race it on the track from 8am to 5pm, then drive it home at 3800 rpm. There's enough other chassis and driving things to worry about at the track, so I don't want be fiddling with the motor.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 09/02/09 01:30 PM.