Quote:

When I talked to Gean Gregory at Monster Mopar last year, he said that there were differences in the recessed flange that mounts the grille frame... I do not recall what the differences were... Anyone know what they are?

XS

Perhaps Gene was talking about Superbird grille openings,....Daytonas are pretty much consistant (which is surpriseing!),.....over the decades of templateing/measuring/and taking molds off nosecones,.....the Superbirds are perhaps the worst for having a consistant opening,.......I've probally made/sold easly (lost count) over a hundred steel Daytona grille frame/screen assemblies, and never one complaint or issuse of fit,.....the superbirds on the other hand, even after determining a "median" tooling demension, I have some customers who claim it's too tight, or too loose in their grille opening,.....so the last few SB repro grille frames have been made with the customers suppling their grille openings measuement,.....and they vary greatly, not only in height and width, but side to side, across, or up or down! measurement wise,..........one of the reasons I dread tooling for the SB directional frames that complement the grille,....I've had access to a few NOS pcs, and a few original sets, and their all over the place shape wise and measurement wise and unlike my SB grille tooling, would leave me little room to adjust to desired customer specs, if and when I decide to release them