I think I going to start documenting a photo journal dedicated to "Reject NOS wingcar" stuff,....I'll start with one of my 1969 NOS Daytona fenders, passenger side I have, that has a stamped depression for a 70 marker light, but was never cut out

LOL, I have a NOS Daytona fender with the fender scoop hole in the wrong location.

Dan

Dan, my NOS passenger 1969 Daytona fender, has a dished depression where they struck for a 1970 side marker, but never cut it open for the light to be inserted,.......I'm only guessing, but I would assume the fender was late in the Daytona assy timeline, but early for 1970 Charger production, maybe a prefit test peice for 70 Charger production, but got converted to Daytona conversion, never had the top hole cut, no radio antenee hole either, and no 70 Charger headlite frame spotted to it either, plus is missing a few fender mounting slots, never punched out.....It got rejected either from Creative or Chrysler for use, but got put into the Dealer parts network, ......I "bought" the fender from a bodyshop that was repairing a crash damaged restored 69 Charger 500, they purchased the fender from a Dodge dealership out west, via the internet that told them they had a NOS fender for a 69 Charger aero car .....a friend of a friend, asked me to look at it, and help the body guy out, as he was told by the cars owner, that the 500's fenders were special, and converted by the factory, and what he had,he said no way he could make work! ......so after I saw the fender, I knew what it was for, told him he had the wrong fender, the customer was charged/paid $1000 for the NOS fender! (1996 price) so I quietly traded the body man a used 69 Charger fender to repair the car, so he wouldn't be in deep do-do with the customer, as the NOS purchjase was final,.......so another lesson, you never know what goes on in the bodyshop, if your not informed!