I also wonder what these repro guys used for a template. Did they take measurements off an NOS cone? I doubt it, likely got measurements off one 30 year old cone thats been bumped a few times.
I'll take a real cone that needs a little work before I'd take a repro.

Dirk,......I can speak for myself and Jack McGaughey, after speaking,working with, and utilizing each others parts in our respective customers restorations, and comparing "notes" if you will,.....restoring one or two wingcars may make a person qualified to answer assembly questions, but reproducing wingcar parts is a completely different endeavor, those sussesful at it, are so, because they've taken the time to compare NOS, and original parts, many of them, many times over,.....wingcar parts are in a "leaque" all their own because of the nature they were fabricated in,....Jack McGaughey, like myself has found that inorder to produce a viable part that will fit, you need to average from as many samples of original/NOS pcs as you can, regardless of the peice being reproed, you them tool a peice that "falls" within the min and max, of what has been recorded deminsion wise,....to apease the customers who purchase a part expecting it to fit, or fit with minimal adjustment(s),.....granted when a customers car is on-site undergoing restoration, parts can be "surgicaly" tuned/fabricated to fit precisely,.........The majority of the original wingcar parts were either handmade, or hand tweaked/assembled after stamping/forming/etc,.....so human error, and interpetation leaves each and every peice open to a subtle, or radical change in shape/deminsion,.......wingcar parts weren't as "cookie cutter" as standard Chrysler/Vendor assembly line parts/assys were