Mike, we have had six NOS noses pass through our hands over the years. They came from the back door at Creative. Of them, I have one left and for full disclosure, it's for sale. I have never had ANYONE complain about fit or finish on a nose they bought. I would have to challenge you on your statement that NOS wing car parts were "rejects".

Doug, I'm not saying EVERY NOS wingcar part is reject,.......if someone thinks that NOS means perfect, they're wrong, some "NOS" peices were line rejects, simple fact being they woundn't/didn't fit without required rework, which wasn't a viable decision,....so the peice(s) go into the Dealer supply system, the dealer has the time to fit the part, or transfer exsisting pcs onto the "rejected" NOS unit,....whereas the assy line didn't have the time for such retrofit......Doug you may have had 6 cones go thru your "hands" over the years, but how many were actually used?,or just stored away, just incase something happened, how many have been continusouly traded/sold amongst collectors of wingcar/NOS stuff over the decades?........In fact Doug, the NOS cone with the reduced grille size opening that I mentioned in my above post, was purchased by the owner thru one of the SB clubs many years ago, whether it was yours or Georges site, I don't recall those details, just that he mentioned he bought it thru one of the SB clubs offerings,.....I don't follow the hoopla of car numbers, or there history, but this customers car was purchased in NJ, white 440/6 auto car, smashed in the nose, purchased and transported to California where it has sat for many years, now finially undergoing restoration,

I was just recently sent a pair of NOS light buckets, and NOS piviots from a customer to "fix",.... the light buckets were really "nice", one bucket end that was welded on was done with the bucket severly twisted, no amount of untwisting was going to help it out, plus the end plate was spotted on clocked out of alignment, the drivers bucket had a passenger end plate welded on to it, so the cams recieving studs were inboard,...the owner transfered the studs to the ouside, painted it all nice and everything, then found out that the recessed area of the plate needed to be outboard, not inboard,for the piviot to clear with the outer door attached, so a correct repro outboard driver's plate had to be fabricated to replace the "NOS" reject,....the piviots were NOS, they were only the face plates?, they were missing the arms, and the center piviot arms as well, I had to repro several parts to complete/correct the NOS parts,( I don't recall, or have seen any part numbers that allowed you to purchase piviot arms seperately?, or face plates seperately?, if a wingcar busted up so bad, it needed piviot faceplates, you think the arms would survive? why would a "NOS" peice be built like that, missing key pcs? )....these owners where under the impression most people are regarding NOS,...that it better or perfect, it ain't!......I seen a lot of parts, (wingcar) that people send me over the years, plus decades back, when I was tooling for repro wingcar parts, I made a few mistakes tooling off NOS parts that I borrowed/purchased,.....I found that seasoned, on the car parts were the best canidates to repro from,....and not just one canidate, you needed to compare as many examples as you could, as they varied car to car,........generally when I have a wingcar customer call me to assemble either their parts or car, and they boost about their extensive collection of NOS part they have accumulated for their restoration, I generally cringe at the thought of NOS wingar parts, only because I have to de-flate the owners illusion of how great the parts aren't, and what additional work is required to correct/complete them,.....don't get me wrong, NOS parts are more enjoyable than busted up/rusted originals that people send me, wanting a miracle,.....but with wingcar NOS parts, I find it a 50/50 gamble that they will fit out of the "box"