Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by Nukechargerboy
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
It is 100% true. Retention of good customers is king. It's emphasized every day across the company. Your insurer canceled your auto insurance because of you son's driving record. They don't care about keeping your homeowner's insurance because that's not much of a money maker for them.

So paying right around $7000 a year for their coverage for over 5 years wasn't enough? Insurance is a scam. It's when they have to pay out where they put you on assigned risk and screw you. Wreck a car, now we want your balls. SCAM! Plus they didn't care they were charging me for a car that was covered elsewhere.

A few questions so that I can respond accurately:

- You were paying $7,000/year combined for home/auto?
- After your auto was canceled, you went into the assigned risk pool?
- How did they manage to insure a car that you had already insured with another company?
- How much were the payouts on your son's claims?

$7000 is a rough estimate for four cars, 2018 RDX, 2021 RX-350, 2019 MDX and a 2011 MDX. Two drivers under 22. Homeowners comes with the mortgage. Charger is with Hagerty. The 2018 RDX was replaced with a 2020 RDX, which I paid off with the settlement.

I'm not swimming in the pool yet, couldn't come up with another term after we got the notice.

I would like to know how they continued to charge me when i sent them the plate surrender form. I wasn't getting the mail 1400 miles away. USAA was my provider in Arkansas because Hanover isn't licensed there. $1960 a year.

The payout was about 21,565. The jeep was $2000. Had I known what happened I would have paid out of pocket, he didn't realize he did it. It's moot anyway because all of the cars are titled in my name. Except the 19 MDX.

Last edited by Nukechargerboy; 04/03/23 05:49 PM.