Originally Posted by topside
A buddy of mine who just retired from running a collision repair shop LOATHED GEICO.
Every time I visited, I heard more stories of substandard parts they'd mandated for repairs, or where they'd significantly cut repair times and procedures.
Just like the crappy auto parts nowadays, the profits & savings come out of the Customer.
GEICO isn't the only outfit short-changing repair quality - I had battles with several a few years back - so one has to look at the actual service provided when needed.
I remember well that when I worked for insurers how their accounting was essentially a shell game.

i work in a VW certified body shop.
i wouldn't have geico insurance on my car if it was free.
their claims process is the absolute worst in the industry. their estimate are pretty bad also. you have to supplement every one.
to supplement they require a personal inspection. it usually takes about 10 business days to get someone to show up to inspect.
i think the last geico job i did their photo estimate was $1500. we supplemented $25,000 on a 2022 absolute top of the line VW Atlas, $60K+ suv, with 200 miles on it. it was T boned in the drivers side. yes it was totaled. they tried to deny payment for the rental car over 3 days. it took 15 working days to get them to show up to inspect. they were a claimant
the manager tries his best to avoid working on geico insured cars.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 03/21/23 06:26 PM.

perception is 90% of reality