Originally Posted by biggE
I was told by my insurance agent that Allstate and Geico have stopped writing policies in California and are basically looking to get out of the state. Not surprising to me

Between health, car and home insurance how will mortals be able to afford to survive. It's getting BRUTAL out here.

And do we all "chip in" with increased insurance costs when these costal areas get mowed down every year? I'm asking.

Also when I worked for "the man", I would be in places between Dallas and Atlanta. THOSE PLACES are mowed down nearly every month with tornados now. WTH? It's like the new Oklahoma. How do we all all pay a fortune in insurance to keep putting towns together that were torn down two years prior? Like New Orleans, some places werent meant to be inhabited. Some places should not be covered by the rest of us. Also here in DETROIT area, we pay like $200 or $300 PER CAR for uninsured drivers!?!?! The mayor of Detroit said 60% of the people have no car insurance. My son in law, a police officer, said its higher than that!!!!