Originally Posted by not_a_charger
I always wanted to keep that separate, regardless of who I would've worked for. Having a claim with one's employer has, in some circumstances (theft, uninsured motorist injury involving a hit-skip), the potential to be a little weird. However, everyone else's rates for me jumped so much that I couldn't say no. The 2nd lowest quote I got was from Safeco, which was $600/year more than what I'm paying. Also, I like to keep home/auto with the same carrier, and my employer did not have their own homeowner's coverage until a few years ago.

I had MetLife for home/auto for years. Their claims service sucked, but since I do that for a living, I was willing to deal with it because my rates were so much lower than any other carrier I was quoted. A few years ago, Farmers bought MetLife's home/auto business, and my rates went up a bit, though still cheaper than other quotes I got. This year, they skyrocketed.

I have Metlife , now Farmers , my auto didn't go up much but my homeowners pretty much doubled ... thanks for the heads up .... I did file a claim in 2021 , first time in 16 years ... time to change my homeowners ...

running up my post count some more .