Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
OP,

4-years ago or today, sounds like the next order of business would be to call your State Attorney Generals office and the Michigan Attorney General's office about this. A call to one of the local MI news stations who enjoy taking on stories of businesses ripping people off would be on order also. Something could've been done about it regardless if a written contract was in-place or not. A pallet of heads didn't just leave one location to another on their own for no reason; there should be documents to prove that. If he ripped you off for Stealth heads, chances are he stiffed others for something too once the story broadens itself. I'd check with the MI AG's office about statues of limitations before giving up. Big business or small business, that's a lot of money I'd be chasing down. To hell with waiting on karma.......

FRAUD......wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain......has a statue of limitations in the State of Michigan for 6-years. You can easily work this from our office desk without ever calling an attorney for help. GO GET ALL YOUR MONEY, or at least some of it!

Probably more along the lines of embezzlement.

MCH/Bob was entrusted with an item they didn’t have ownership interest in and sold it for their benefit.

Embezzlement involves stealing by a defendant who has legal access to another's money or property but not legal ownership of it. This differs from theft where the defendant has neither legal access nor ownership over the stolen property (like stealing someone's car out of their garage).

Same 6 year statute of limitations as the fraud comment above. I’d be making a call…

Last edited by crackedback; 10/19/22 07:27 PM.