Originally Posted by Diplomat360
OK, a few updates gents!

@Cab_Burge is right on having to source a couple of solid lifters. I tried what @B1MAXX suggested (which I was also contemplating as a possible Plan-B) to see if I could toss a few washers into the hydraulic lifter I have, but the tie-bar rivet prevents me from being able to remove the inner plunger body, and without me being able to do so I cannot turn that lifter into a solid.

So I've got a pair soaking up in an "oil bath" (LOL) to see if I can basicaly get them pumped-up enough to act as a solid (which they should do given that I only have the checking spring pressure acting against it).

Alright, so I haven't forgotten @B1MAXX's request: as soon as I have this lifter thing sorted out I'll get some pics of the roller patter on the valve tip.

In the meantime, Mike (B3) and I have been emailing this week. I've provided him with all the info and he's given me some recommendations, one of which is to move to a 0.100" offset shaft. I did these calculations on my own as well (there is a good description of what you are aiming for in the Rocker Geometry" article by Jim Miller in the Apr-Jun 2010 issue of Engine Professional) and came up with an adjustment figure. Mike is pretty tight-lipped about his numbers, which I suppose I understand, although I'm going to get his kit regardless because that's the quickest path for me TODAY to get to better geometry.

Back to the rocker shaft story...what I have right now is the on-center one that came with my HS rocker kit. I called HS yesterday and talked to Randy there. He is willing to exchange the shafts I got for the 0.100" offset ones, and I think I should be able to use these with Mike's setup (waiting for Mike to confirm).

Also in the meantime, I have an original set of MP blue W2 rocker arms here (the kit) so I'm going to spot-check the shafts that were supplied with that kit, not sure if they are offset or on-center? That is the MP P4876343 kit I'm talking about. Will toss these on and do a comparative set of photos so I can post here as well. It'll make for a good compare of the MP stuff vs. HS setup.

Final remark re: this whole combo...LOL

@Gtxxjon: you are absolutely right in your statement, and to those who at least somewhat understand the valvetrain component relationship this is no surprise. However, I will tell you this: it's extremely dissappointing to see that numerous parts which are sold as "W2 Long Valve Race Head" ready quite simply are NOT! I suppose we probably all already knew this to be the case, especially as applicable to the MP sourced stuff...it still stings though, especially when I am all too aware of the fact that my current W2 setup is top-dollar I have ever spent on a SB Mopar valvetrain!

Get the geometry dialed in and then check to see if the oil holes in the shaft line up with the oil holes in the rockers arms to feed the adjusters. Spoiler alert: they don’t. I was on Chrysler’s ass years ago about that but they ignored all the documentation I sent them. The holes in the shafts are TA offset. Chrysler didn’t leant to own the fact they were sending out garbage. Where HS puts the oil feed holes I can’t say. I don’t use needle bearings on a reciprocating shafts.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston