Originally Posted by Diplomat360
The rocker arm to valve tip alignment is the next objective...or rather obtaining the best-fit and least lost motion.

Here are the vitals:
1) W2 Race Econo heads - so long valve (2.980" by MP's specs) but with cast-in pedestals

2) Valves
INTAKE - Manley 11702-8, 2.02" intake, 11/32" stem, 5.240" long - Pro-Flo Severe Duty Series, W2 Long Valve
EXHAUST - Manley 11703-8, 1.60" exhaust, 11/32" stem, 5.255" long - Race-Flo Severe Duty Series, W2 Long Valve

3) Rocker Arms - Harland Sharp W2 Econo 1.6 ratio rocker arms: S70026WEK, which use the on-center shaft and since they are configured for the Econo heads they use the saddle mounts (like the factory head setup)

The cam lobe lift is .365/.362, so that ends up being about 0.584/0.579 at the valve.

The problem I am encountering is as follows:

1) with the valve on the seat, the rocker arm roller is somewhat past the center of the valve
2) at full lift the rocker arm roller is nearly 2/3 through the valve tip, maybe even more?
3) if I manually push the rocker further (checking spring only, so easy to do this) the roller eventually comes back to the center of the valve, but that happens at nearly .750-.800 lift
4) I tossed on a lash cap (0.080" thick) to see if that would change things, and at least visually it appears that the roller did move back towards the center a little

I reached out to Mike @B3, hopefully I'll hear from him sometime next week.

In the meantime, I'm curious what you guys make of it?

Here are the pics: at seat and max_lift with just the valve tip and with the lash cap.

Harlan Sharp will say you need lash caps. You don’t. Wait for Mike. The shafts need to go up and back.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston