madscientist and Gtxxjon,

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah, by the looks of it, as I was trying to spatially project the proper geometry (I had actually captured a quick mp4 video as well, so replayed that a few times to see how the shaft placement would re-locate the rocker tip arc) that's what seemed like the direction the shafts would have to go in.

In fact, as I tried this full sweep, the minute I removed the current cam lob max_lift limit and therefore opened the valve even further, the arc nicely came back to the center of the valve...of course that had me running something like a .800-.900 lift...LOL!

Originally Posted by Gtxxjon
...I thought W2 rocker shafts were offset drilled?...

Well, you bring up a good point, because by the looks of it, if I was to use the offset shaft that would in fact move the rocker back a tad. However, the MP instruction sheet for these heads (P4529995) state the following:

...It has the rocker supports/pedestals cast-in similar to the standard "Econo" head...However the actual rocker shaft location is moved up and away from the valves to the "Race" location. It uses a rocker shaft that has the attaching holes on-center. The T/A shaft P3577086 is recommended...

Now before I had actually purchased the HS rocker arms I had a couple of calls with these guys to specifically run this requirement past them...they understood and were familiar with this setup and concurred that the on-center shaft was OK.

Because the valves I'm using are actually about 0.050 too short (as compared to the MP spec of 5.280") I figured I would toss the lash cap on there to see if maybe that's playing a bit of havoc in my setup. While that moved the roller tip a tad in (actually post valve tip center @seat), it didn't really improve the sweep and max lift situation. So I think that the shaft position has the greater impact here and cannot be corrected for with a lash cap approach.

I will give the HS guys a call as well. Tried them yesterday but it turns out they are closed on Fridays. Maybe they could send me the off-set shaft to try and possibly swap out? This stuff is all NEW and I'm just getting through the initial measurements as the install time is coming up!