PART-2
=====

In the meantime, here are a few charts that illustrate the results.

First a brief explanation of the chart LEGEND:

'@1.6' : actual lobe lift * 1.6 rocker arm ratio
'AS-IS' : actual valve tip lift (on-center shaft)
'CORRECTED' : actual valve tip lift when adjustment kit installed (0.100" shafts and B2 offset shims)
'LASH CAP1' : actual valve tip list when using 0.080" lash cap
'LASH CAP2' : actual valve tip lift when using 0.085" lash cap
'CORRECTED to AS-IS DIFF' : valve lift difference between correction kit and as-is install (RIGHT HAND Y-Axis)
'LASH CAP1 to AS-IS DIFF' : valve lift difference between the correction kit + lash cap and as-is install (RIGHT HAND Y-Axis)
'LASH CAP2 to AS-IS DIFF' : valve lift difference between the correction kit + lash cap and as-is install (RIGHT HAND Y-Axis)

Actual Valve Lift is shown on the LEFT HAND Y-Axis.

The chart uses 2 Y-Axis so that I can capture both the actual valve lift and the difference between the various combinations.

INTAKE

1) metrics with a ONE thread of adjuster showing below rocker arm body
[Linked Image]

2) metrics with a THREEE threads of adjuster showing below rocker arm body
[Linked Image]

EXHAUST

1) metrics with a ONE thread of adjuster showing below rocker arm body
[Linked Image]

2) metrics with a THREEE threads of adjuster showing below rocker arm body
[Linked Image]

OK, so what does that tell me?

1) LIFT LOSS
Yes, it is certianly there. The AS-IS combination (so no lash cap but just the kit spacers) show anywhere beteen 0.020" to 0.030" loss on the INTAKE and EXHAUST.

The obvious thing is that without the use of the LASH CAPS I would have a larger lift loss. This is telling me that the B3 kit is in fact a little off and is more heavily skewed towards a GEOMETRY result as opposed to LIFT results.

2) GEOMETRY
It is much improved. I am still missing an actual sweep pattern width, and I won't have that until the heads are fully assembled.

So is the difference worth it??? Man...that's nearly impossible to tell. Whatever the benefits the improved GEO provides could perhaps be easily made up by the extra power (assuming more lift = more power), but is that the case here? Each combo will be different.

3) INT vs EXH Differences
There are some obvious ones. See the valve lift curve, it is offset on the EXH one, I am seeing MORE lift early on, and less lift later on. This is partially to be expected given that the EXH valve is 0.015" taller as compared to the INT valve. The B3 kit uses this measurement as one of the key inputs into the design, so I knew the EXH would be off having prioritized INT and measured that instead.

Lessons Learned so far:

1) the B3 kit is very specific to a particular cam you are running: the minute you decide to move to something with DOFFEREMT lift, you have a problem, the kit measurements are going to be off now.

2) "hindsight is 20/20" as they say, specifically for my Econo Race W2 heads I would have been better off to machine the as-cast shaft pedestals and rely on block spacers to adjust the geometry with, the benefit here being: in the future, any additional adjustments just need a different spacer as opposed to a completely different offset kit.