Originally Posted by mike laws
Originally Posted by RustyM
Agreed Mike.
My theory is : the faster i can get the engine up on clean AFR between pump shot and the boosters, the quicker the 60's and 330ft.
When i see a really rich first gear, not cleaning up before 5500- 6500 , i feel im leaving money on the table with too "long" a shot, thus, my efforts to really tune the pump shot "to" the booster flow .
I may find this to be an effort in futility but, im working to either be wrong or, correct. Data and time sheets will prove me foolish or not
If you guys see an error in my thinking, please advise.

A few quick thoughts Rusty. A flat afr through the rpm range is not ideal. You want a richer condition at peak tq than peak hp. There's also a lot going on in low gear. G-forces cause inertia-effects in the entire fuel system that will cause a momentary fuel psi spike that will definitely contribute to a richer condition. It's good to have the regulator and fuel inlet mounted behind the carb to help this. Also, keep in mind that the engine will be closest to peak torque at the leave (especially foot-braking). Since peak tq has the highest fuel demand; a little rich here is helping more than you might think. Lastly; if you can program the timing curve, add a couple of degrees at the hit and ramp it out so that it's back to normal when the afr normally 'cleans up'. You'll be surprised at how much this helps.

How would you go about tweaking a flat fuel curve to a slightly rich early to leaner later.......Main air bleed or changes in the e-bleed area?

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.