Originally Posted by Vintage_MPG
Thanks for all the kind words; I can't take credit for any part of this project as of yet. All I've done is back it off of the trailer right into the garage!

As far as carbs are concerned....one gentleman suggested that I buy the 600 CFM version of the summit carb, then later if I'm feeling frisky, I could purchase another 600CFM Summit carb and mount both on the tunnel ram.

Would that be too much carb? The pair of 600CFM carbs? Would a single 600 CFM be enough carb to run by itself? I seem to be in a catch-22 here.....one carb is too small, two would be too big.

Just trying to make my dollar go as far as possible. I don't want to buy a 750 cfm, then in six months or a year be shopping for a pair of smaller carbs. Guess I'm a tightwad and don't like buying more than I need.

Perhaps I'll stick with the 750 for now....just keep things simple.

Think the high-rise dual-plane manifold is a good place to start? I can get a hold of that one relatively quickly and it's affordable.

If it's a stone stock cast crank 440 and this is just a bucks down exercise to make it self propelled, get a stock iron intake and bolt on whatever 4 barrel carb you have in stock. That will get it making vroom vroom noises for little to no money and the stock intake is more than capable of feeding those heads with a stock cam.

Then you can shop around for a pair of carburetors and linkage for the tunnel ram. Lots of deals to be had on 500 or 600 cfm Edelbrocks and there is no such thing as too much carburetor.

Kevin