Hey all - I'm new here. Been a fringe player forever, but have finally landed a mopar machine, and am trying to bring the 'ol gal to life....

Long story short, I've stepped RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE of a hot mess project. This thing is so crazy cool - but not one thing is finished. I'm in WAY over my head....and really need some help if I'm going to see this one back to the pavement.

1934 Plymouth sedan, with loads of cool stuff already started. Z'd fram front and back, chopped and channeled body, IFS front end, four-wheel disc brakes, air bags at every corner, and a big block 440 with a 727 torqueflite tranny feeding a four-link rear end. Yeah - super cool stuff going on here.

Problem is - NONE of it is finished. Nothing. Body isn't finished, fuel system needs plumbed, brakes need wrapped up, cooling system is missing pieces, steering isn't hooked up - so yeah, she's going to keep me busy.

I'm starting with a carb question....

She's currently outfitted with what I believe to be a '76 440cid with a cast crank. Bone stock other than the headers and Offenhauser tunnel ram intake. There are no carbs, however.....and that's my first question. Which carb setup would you recommend? Something on the small side, because there will be two of them. Maybe a 450cfm carb X 2? The Quick Fuel Slayer or something?

I've never owned anything this radical, so I have no idea about how to set these things. Honestly, I've given thought to yanking the tunnel ram in favor of a simpler 4-bbl manifold, at least just to get it running and moving. Haven't ruled that out yet either, but I don't want to have to buy a new intake and a 750 cfm carb, only to find she runs fine then turn around and need a pair of 450cfm carbs to put the big radical tunnel ram back in place. Does any of that make sense?

What would you all do?

I'll post a few pics, to show up what I'm up against......and I'm being serious about needing all the help I can get. This thing is more than I've EVER tackled before...and I'm nervous!

Pics coming up....

20200229_190405.jpg20200229_190422.jpg20200229_190433.jpg