Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Yes 2 small 4bbl carbs are the ticket.Keep in mind for example the dual quad set up package from Edelbrock for the Ford 289/302 recommends 2 500cfm carbs. Personally I would run 2 Edelbrock 500s. I have run them on low rise dual plane 440s and the same carbs on an M1 tunnel rammed 440. They work. I have zero experience with the small Holleys but plenty of testimonials that they work as well.

Well crap.

Now you guys have me second-guessing my decision to just toss on a 4bbl and yank the tunnel ram.

The 500cfm carbs aren't cheap, but seem to get some killer reviews. I'm an Edelbrock fan, and have had nothing but smooth sailing with them - but I've only used them on small block applications, and never with anything as monstrous as a tunnel rammed big block.

They're roughly $800 for the pair - not including linkages. They'd be expensive - but if I didn't have to buy another 4bbl intake and carb, would prob be a wash. Does that make sense?

Of course, if I buy the two carbs and CAN'T get the tunnel ram to work, now I'm in REALLY deep. Haha. Tough to make a good decision.

I'd prob be better off to do what I know, which is a single 4bbl. Pull the tunnel ram, swap into a new Summit 4bbl, and move on - at least for the time being.