Can you degree the new cam? If so you should change it to one you like up, especially for the rumpity rump sound, or wait until you can drive it some and then change it to learn how much the cam you choose and degree increases the power on that motor work I would probably do that up
My first half fast hot rod was a 1933 Ford P.U that was chopped an channeled with a stock 1955 Chrysler New Yorker 331 C.I. Firepower 250 HP Hemi with the stock early Ford enclosed drive train, it was a blast to drive and tear up realcrazy devil Which I did several times after starting to hop it up by adding dual quads on a stock inline factory 300 cast iron stock intake with two mismatched AFB carbs realcrazy
If you don't change parts how are you going to learn which is good and which is bad, just like with women, HUH whistling I had my Father in Law weld up a set of tube headers and collectors also later, which helped wake that stock little rascal up up boogie That truck weighed right at 2800 Lbs. with out me in it with half tank of gas. Light weight is right, big HP is good also whistling devil

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/23/20 07:03 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)