Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Carter 4 barrel carbs have had a vacuum operated door, most of them did but not on all of the AFB, on the secondary for along, long time Some of the WCFB had them and most AFB had them, all the AVS and Thermoquad carbs have them up, The rear throttle shaft with the butterfly, throttle plates, are mechanical operated off the gas pedal, not vacuum, but the doors above the venture or fuel shafts are vacuum opened up
Holley vacuum secondary throttle shafts are opened by a vacuum pod, not the throttle linkage like Carter did. On the Holley vacuum secondary carbs the throttle linkage does close them also along with the primary throttle shaftsup

Uhhhh - wow. You know your carbs! Shazaam! You've FORGOTTEN more about carbs than I'll ever know!

So, uh, does the AVS act as vacuum secondaries then? I think that's what I'm interpreting - correct? From what I'm learning, that's what I'm after, with the auto tranny.

I'll also post up a photo of the intake runners on this tunnel ram; they're rather large. I'm guessing that if there are two sizes of intake runners, then I'm guessing that these are the larger of the two. They look bigger to me - but I don't have a ton of experience with tunnel rams. (Read that as NO experience with tunnel rams!)