the reason I ask after reading thru past posts by members, they claim that the unstamped blocks are warrantee blocks and it seams that you may concur that thought. I have found rather odd that if there were that many issues with the T/A blocks one would think that the famous "black cloud" would have cast its shadow over the reputation of the 340 T/A blocks and the cars them selves. Not to mention that the likes of Carcraft and Hot Rod Magazine would probably reported it, or some kind of TSB. That is why I asked if that there was a strike or mechanical issue during that time period.
After talking to several members we came up with several scenario's that would possibly explain occurrence.
1. strike
2. mechanical line failure
3. casting failure or warrantee issue
4. a push from Chrysler to meet the required number of cars
to meet SCCA requirements to participate in Racing
Program.
5. cars pulled off line due to lack of T/A Blocks available
to meet requirements.

Out of all the scenario's listed we think that 3,4,and 5 are the most probable. That being said this is just speculation and further research is needed.
So far no one has recovered any TSB's to support no. 3., and no record of a strike 1., no record of mechanical failure on line no. 2.

Since you have been known for having the largest data base on T/A and AAR's and have had some ties with the Chrysler Historical Society I would like to know if you have any documentation to either support or deny any of the scenario's . and finally would it be possible for you to make a spread sheet with all the vin's for T/A's and AAR's with SPD's, decal date, and fender tag date along with casting date and whether vin is on block? I do know its a lot to ask ,but from what I have read you have the largest data base and it speed things up for everybody if you were able to share the info. thank you