Originally Posted By NortheastMopar
Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By NortheastMopar
My story is based on Autodynamics in Marblehead, Massachusetts who built the Sam Posey 77 car, which if you notice has a black painted top?? No AAR cars have painted tops or the option for it? My car appears to be a local bought car originally. Maybe the same dealer that handled the Sam Posey, body in white car sent from mother mopar to autodynamics to be built for Sam Posey....

There is nothing keeping an AAR from having a two tone paint job that I know of and it is listed as an option for Barracudas / 'cudas

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1970/Pg%20032.jpg

The 77 car or a replica is over at Sears Point Raceway

The T/A and the AAR cars were built to allow Mopar to enter a car into the SCCa races. When they did this, they sent a separate order request sheet to every dealer in the country that was eligible to pre-order an AAR or a T/A car. It was that sheet that called out which options the car could be ordered with. My understanding is that the T/A sheet had a V02 option code but the AAR sheet did not have the V02 option code, not to be confused with the option book which was for the general car lines, which is what you are looking at. It is also my understanding that in order to be elegible as a dealer to order these cars, you had to already have a certain sales volume, and higher volume dealers could order more units than the lower volume dealers, as the whole point was to get these cars out there. Now, the sales Pre-order sheets I am talking about were sent out to the dealers and they actually gave the dealers a cut off date in which they would not be able to place an order after that date. That was due to the fact that they planned on building these cars all within a few months. This is my understanding. Maybe Barry knows otherwise. Oh, I happen to have one of those T/A dealer pre-order sheets.

Does your pre-order sheet show the Sunroof option?